This course offers students a comprehensive, hands-on introduction to programming in the C++ language, applicable to many areas of engineering and software development. Many real-world best-practices and common conventions will be discussed. Example code for each topic will be demonstrated and provided to students. The course material is relevant to all operating systems such as Windows, Mac, and Linux, as well as to embedded systems. Students will be provided with the textbook.
Attendees will spend approximately 50 percent of the class time actually gaining hands-on experience with these topics, with personal attention and insider knowledge from an experienced C++ programmer.
The following modules will be covered during the class:
* History and Background
* How to build C++ programs
* Using Text Editors, IDEs, Compilers and Linkers
* All about GCC and the GNU Tool chain
* Data Types and Pointers
* Loops, Branching, Expressions, and Operators
* Functions and Recursion
* Principles of Object-Oriented Design
* Objects and Classes
* User-defined data types using structures and classes
* Polymorphism and virtual functions
* Memory management and Dynamic Memory Allocation
* Friends functions and friend classes
* Exceptions and try-catch blocks
* Function overloading and operator overloading
* Strings and Regular Expressions
* Console and File Input and Output
* Introduction to Templates
* Using the Standard Template Library (STL)
* Introduction to Boost C++ Library
* Introduction to QT C++ Framework
Class Duration: One Day
Prerequisites: Students should have had some minimal introductory programming experience in any language at some point in the past.
Students must be knowledgeable in using Microsoft Windows 7 or 8, or Apple Mac OS X, or Linux. Students must own a modern laptop computer, with relevant OS and bring it to class.
If you have any questions about the difficulty level of the class, please contact us at: classes (at) linuxcertified.comOptional: All attendees will get a Linux laptop to be used during the class. You have the option of purchasing this laptop with an additional course fee. On-site: If you would like to arrange an on-site C++ class, please contact us at: classes (at) linuxcertified.com