This course offers students a comprehensive, hands-on introduction to programming in the Python language, applicable to many areas of engineering and software development. Many real-world best-practices and common conventions will be discussed. Example code for each topic will be demonstrated and provided to students. The course material is relevant to all operating systems such as Windows, Mac, and Linux, as well as to embedded systems. Students will be provided with the textbook.
Attendees will spend approximately 50 percent of the class time actually gaining hands-on experience with these topics, with personal attention and insider knowledge from an experienced Python programmer.
• To give you practical experience in programming in Python.
The following modules will be covered during the class:
* History and Background
* How Python works
* Running Python Programs
* Using the Python interpreter
* Using the other Python interpreters such as IPython, BPython
* Differences between Python 2 and Python 3
* Object types
* Numeric types
* Strings, Lists, Dictionaries, Tuples
* File I/O
* Statements, assignments, expressions, loops, iterations
* Functions and Scope
* Classes and Object-oriented design
* Operator Overloading
* using the SQLAlchemy library for connecting to databases
* using the NUMPY and SCIPY libraries for mathematics
* using the matplotlib library for high quality plotting and graphing
* Using the PYQT Library for creating GUIs
Class Duration: One Day
Prerequisites: Students should have had some minimal introductory programming experience in any language at some point in the past.
Students must be knowledgeable in using Microsoft Windows 7 or 8, or Apple Mac OS X, or Linux. Students must own a modern laptop computer, with relevant OS and bring it to class.
If you have any questions about the difficulty level of the class, please contact us at: classes (at) linuxcertified.com
Optional: All attendees will get a Linux laptop to be used during the class. You have the option of purchasing this laptop with an additional course fee.
On-site: If you would like to arrange an on-site programming in Python class, please contact us at: classes (at) linuxcertified.com
If you don't see this class scheduled in the timeframe/place of your preference, please let us know your preference for timeframe (which month etc.) and any particular geography preference. Send email with your interest to email@example.com